Want to work in technology where you can make a genuine impact and help enhance product quality? In this Test Pro article, you will discover why software testing is a wonderful career path for you.
The software testing market expanded by over USD 40 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 7% between 2021 and 2027. Software testing is an important role in enterprises. A job in software testing may be both demanding and rewarding, requiring you to problem-solve, manage risks, and enhance quality across the software development lifecycle.
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated technological advancements to unimaginable levels. This has increased the need for testing solutions, notably in the retail and IT sectors, in order to cut delivery times and improve consumer experience. Given the vast breadth of software testing and its use across several sectors and businesses, a career as a software tester is well worth considering.
Who may work as a software tester?
Software testers often have a background in science or information technology. Graduates from other fields, such as engineering, chemistry, mathematics, statistics, and physics, are likelier to work in software testing. Suppose you want to work in software testing. In that case, you’ll need a suitable software tester accreditation, and to start with Test Pro QA Bootcamp is a great option.
Is software testing a good career?
The following are the top five reasons to choose a career in software testing:
- Stand Innovative. This may not be the first term that springs to mind when considering a career in software testing. When evaluating a software program, however, you must be creative. A competent software tester must think like a consumer and grasp any potential problems they may encounter when using the program. This entails researching current trends, analyzing various phases of software, and then presenting the results to the developers to enhance the product’s overall quality.
- Continuous Education. No two days are the same in the world of software testing. As the intermediary between the consumer and a new product, you can use and evaluate cutting-edge technology before anybody else. You may put software for websites, mobile applications, or content management systems through its paces. This provides a continual and continuing learning opportunity.
- Various Routes. Almost every industry that uses software requires software testing. From finance to retail, testers work in various sectors and occupations. Numerous route choices are available, including manual testing, performance testing, and automation testing.
- Difficulty. If you appreciate a challenge and tackling difficult issues, a job in software testing might be ideal for you. Each new piece of software is unique and has unique challenges. This necessitates seeing items from several perspectives and taking a fresh approach to testing each time.
- High Demand. Companies across many industries are hiring software testers. Thus, there is always a need for testers. Software testers are critical players in the software development lifecycle, ensuring that each new product satisfies the highest quality requirements. As a result, there is a significant and continual need for testing capabilities.
Jobs in software testing
A software tester’s job advancement may be swift, depending on your abilities, certifications, and natural ability. You may begin your software testing career as an entry-level job in a graduate program. Still, as you acquire experience and applicable certifications, you can rise to more senior positions, such as Senior Software Tester, Test Manager, and Software Test Team Lead. Because software testers work closely with project teams, project management or a PMO job is a logical career path for them.
How to Work as a Software Tester
Test Pro certification offers skills applicable across the testing field, covering pretty much everything for a beginner. After finishing the training, you will be able to apply for a junior position as a software tester. The course contains not only the theoretical and practical part but also touches on such things as interview and portfolio topics. Use the training time to get mentors to answer any questions you have and make sure that software testing is good career for you. Test Pro puts the latest sphere methods and approaches together with experienced mentors who are able to train you in the shortest period.